GAIM Ops International's 2013 theme, Implementing AIFM Compliance Measures, explored ways that risk managers, compliance officers, and operational due diligence managers can proactively meet the emerging AIFMD guidelines to position their firms for success under Europe's new regulatory regime.
GAIM Ops International also featured a half-day PRE-CONFERENCE SUMMIT for emerging and smaller hedge funds, providing updates on:
- The state of the industry for up-and-coming funds
- Working with seeders and accelerators for funding
- Tactics for more effective operational due diligence
HIGHLIGHTS from the
November conference included:
- A panel of regulators from the UK, France, and Ireland on AIFMD compliance
- COMAC Capital's Michael Perry on funds' compliance with AIFMD
- USS's Scott Palmer on operational due diligence under Europe's new regulations
- An interactive session on managing challenging conversations with communication and negotiation expert Donny Ebenstein
Check back here for updates in the coming months for details on this year's GAIM Ops International event.